- The UK's largest Windpost Project is awarded to Vision. Project Dove, Tutbury have contracted Vision to fit Windposts and Restraints.
- Vision's success demand more staff - Vision increases its number of fixing teams and introduces qualified welders.
- Vision sponsors Brick Awards - Vision are proud to have sponsored a table at the prestigious Brick Awards held in London.
Wall Ties Savings Comparison
|Ties fitted||100 ties||150 ties||200 ties||250 ties||Ties fitted||100 ties||150 ties||200 ties||250 ties|
|Fit time per tie||3 Mins||3 Mins||3 Mins||3 Mins||Fit time per tie||2 Mins|
|Tie x fit time||100 x 3||150 x 3||200 x 3||250 x 3||Tie x fit time||100 x 2||150 x 2||200 x 2||250 x 2|
|Total minutes||300||450||600||750||Total minutes||200||300||400||500|
|Total minutes / 60||300 / 60||450 / 60||600 / 60||750 / 60||Total minutes / 60||200 / 60||300 / 60||400 / 60||500 / 60|
|Hours||5||7.5||10||12.5||Hours||3.33||5||6.67||8.33||Laid blocks based on 200 per man per 8 hour day||Contract labour rates per tie|
|Hours||5||7.5||10||12.5||Ties fitted||100 ties||150 ties||200 ties||250 ties|
|Blocks laid in time period||125||187.5||250||312.5||Labour only cost per tie||1.10||1.10||1.10||1.10|
|Nr of blocks / 10 for m2||12.5||18.75||25||31.25||Total cost||110.00||165.00||220.00||275.00|
|Price per m2||14.00||14.00||14.00||14.00|
|Total m2 x m2 rate||175.00||262.50||350.00||437.50||Saving comparison|
|Money lost fitting ties||Ties fitted||100 ties||150 ties||200 ties||250 ties|
|Total money lost||175.00||262.50||350.00||437.50||Overall saving||65.00||97.50||130.00||162.50|
|(Not laying blocks)|
|Project amounts||1000 ties||5000 ties||10000 ties||15000 ties|
|Overall saving (Money)||650.00||3,250.00||6,500.00||9,750.00|
|Overall saving (Hours/Days)||50 / 6.25||250 / 31.25||500 / 62.5||750 / 93.75|
- The above does not allow for the bricklayers being paid for fixing ties ie: 50p per tie. This therefore increases costs and makes Vision rates more cost efficient.
- *3 minutes per tie is based on all material and plant being at the bricklayers side, the 3 minutes are made up of the bricklayer stopping laying, fitting gauge tape to steel, pre-drilling steel with cobolt drill bit, changing pistol drill to tech gun, fixing framecramp to steel with tech screw and fitting debond sleeve.
- (Productive hours / days saved to lay bricks which in turn speeds up the progamme and allows your bricklayers to earn you more money)
- Time to fit would increase significantly if the bricklayer had to wait for / fetch the drill or materials every time it was required
We have subcontracted Vision Ltd to install brickwork support angles. They are providing an efficient and professional service with competitive rates.
I would not hesitate in using Vision again on future projects.
Ian French - BAM Construction, Construction Manager.